Friday, February 18, 2011

Our lounge room...

 Hi guys! Hope you've all had a good week. Mine was good, busy, but good busy. KWIM? Anyhoo, I promised in my last post to show you some more detail of the rooms of our new house here in paradise, which is what I think our new little country town is. I've decided to do these posts one room at a time, and as is typical of me, each post is picture heavy. So saddle up girls, here we go!


 This is a little area that I have carved out just for me. My family, as I'm sure many others are too, are creatures of habit. We each have our own little areas that we like to sit or lay, and this is my particular favourite.
 And as you can clearly see, it's Tia's favourite area too.....but only when she thinks I'm going to sit there. lol The old painting of the lady is of my Great Grandmother Bridget who came out from County Cork, Ireland in the late 1890's with her husband, William.
 This gorgeous old mirror was found recently in a local antique store. Falling instantly and madly in love with it, I tucked it under my arm and raced home with it as fast as I could, climbed up on hubby's step ladder and using my trusty little pink hammer (as you do) I got this little beauty nestled into it's new home.
 Great Grandfather William who originally came from Wales, and confused my mother no end when she was a wee girl everytime he spoke to her in Welsh. Knowing my mum,I can just imagine. lol
 Ok, moving around the room to the other side we have my computer office area. My hubby has his own office, as does our teenage daughter. So lucky me I get to sit here and play all by myself!
 I also recently found these 2 cool looking oil lamps...
 I thought they were just perfect for the look I was going for in this room...
 vintage and pretty I think.
 I absolutely love the deatils of the things in this house. These lights are original to the house. An interesting little fact about this house is that it was built by the town's then Mayor, for him and his family back in 1930. He was obviously the type of man who liked only the best because the workmanship in this house is like no other house in town, and the house itself is the only highset house in town also. It's an amzing house to live in and one we plan to love and nurture for many years to come.
 Lots of things in the house are items that I've collected as we've traveled around Australia. This clock (even though it's a French knock off) was bought while we were holidaying in Mount Gambier, South Australia. What a beautiful place that was. Remind me one day to show you some of our travels photo's, if you're interested.
 Moving to another side of the room now, the French doors seperate my office space from the seating area. Through the French doors is a room for another post, another day.
 And some how we have the same photo twice. Wonder what photo I did mean to put here? Can't remember, so we'll just move long!
 Naturally we have to throw some puppy love into the post again, and here is my shadow....Tia TuTu!
 I know, I know, I tend to repeat myself with photo's a lot....
 but, oh well. Isn't Tia just too cute though!
 I finally got around to hanging some pictures on the wall. These were collected from a trip to Victoria. Had an awesome time visiting Sovereign Hill, Ballarat Victoria, and also the charming little town at the bottom of the snow fields, Omeo.
 Another gorgeous original light...
 and speaking of gorgeous.....hey LuLu!
 coffee table setting...
 how do I ever get anything done around here when I have these two gorgeous girls to cuddle all day long...
 Ok, next side of the room is the tv area. Finally got the tv hung up on the wall which now leaves lots of space for decorating and playing with this set of drawers that was used as a sofa table in our other house. These draws are actually my filing cabinet. All organised, boring inside, but a must in life. Doesn't have to be boring to look at though on top I believe!
 The lovely young lady in the photo is my mother, Gabrielle. Hi Mum, love ya!
 Aren't the windows of this house just lovely. I love too that they allow an amazing amount of light into the house. I hate dark rooms, they get me down after a while, and as you can see from the above post these walls were very dark and made the whole house dark. Not anymore!
 Aaaaawwwwww, my darling baby Tia.
 And equally loved, my other baby LuLu La Rue.
And that's it for the lounge room today girls. Hope you haven't fallen asleep? Tap! Tap! This thing on?

Next post we'll stroll on over and examine the dining room......inch by inch. You can imagine.


Have a great weekend, and I'll catch ya later!

Love Amanda.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow! I left you a message on the other blog so I ran straight over here and I am so amazed at the wonderful job you have done to make your new house your own. Love your mirror that you found and I particularly loved the oval frame where your great grandfather's portrait is in. The story of your mom and her dad was too funny!

Deanna :D

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Hi Amanda! So happy to see you posted :)
I love everything you have done in your gorgeous new home! And I cannot wait for more! So get posting...LOL!
How is your daughter doing? In the year you have been gone I bet she is even more beautiful!
xo, misha

Sara said...

Dear Amanda, it's so good to find you again! Welcome back to the blogs...on a whim I was looking through my blog bookmarks and decided to give Jacaranda Cottage a try. There I saw your notice about the new blog.

Your new place is lovely and charming! I've put you back on my blogroll so I can visit regularly.

Love from Southern California...
Sara

Joanne said...

I just simply love those lights! They have such character. great pictures. I love your little pup. BLessings, Joanne

10minutes2breathe.blogspot.com