Friday, February 4, 2011

and so it begins......

 Hi guys! Wow it's amazing just how much I have forgotten about blogging and how to set up a post in the year since I last blogged! Bear with me while I get back into the swing ok.......like if these pictures are way too big.......well, I'll work on it! lol

Anyway, this post took me so long to get the right photo's up that now I don't have much time left until I take our daughter to dance class....urgh!

Here's a couple of before and after photo's. We recently bought a 1930's Triple Gable Queenslander that is actually in excellent condition, it just needs some minor renovating to get things to how we would like them to be (although there could be a major reno on the horizon, but first we need to agree on what do to! lol).

This is a view of the living room as it was when we bought it...



and here is a view of part of the room as it is now after a lick (many, many licks!) of Antique White USA...

we still have to rip up the carpet and polish the beautiful timber floors underneath, but that will have to wait until I get a few more rooms painted!

Here's a view looking from the lounge room into the dining room, and the entrance hall to the right with the round window. The main windows in this room open up onto the enclosed front porch.


and here is the dining room and entrance hall after painting. We are planning to build a mantle around the pot belly stove, so you'll have to excuse the existing dark brick for now, and the carpet which will be going asap......

the entrance hall is so much more inviting now I think. Before with all that darkness you couldn't really even notice the stained glass window, but now it stands out just beautifully and is the perfect place to showcase my grandmother's singer sewing table...

In my next post I'll give you a more detailed tour of the rooms. For now though I'll have to love ya and leave ya!

Wishing you all a happy day!

Love Amanda xxx










                                         
                                        

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, I just love what you have done so far... it looks so fresh and bright... much nicer than dark....you'll make it such beautiful home soon enough.... you have an amazing way with decorating... much inspired..
hugs Dawn x x

Saguaro Chick said...

Wow, it is beautiful Amanda! All the white is so crisp and fresh....you are going to have so much fun. Can't wait to see all that you do as you work your magic!

So happy you are back! And can't wait to hear about how the doggies are doing in their new home too! I have a new one for about the last year! We are now up to 3 little dogs.....feel like we have not caught up in sooooo long!

Leslie