I have to be completely honest with you here and tell you that I am in two minds whether or not to continue with this blog. I just feel a little lost in blog land and haven't really found my voice so to speak. I read lots of truly amazing blogs, there's so many awesome and inspirational women out there and my tastes range all over the place as I'm reading. I love decorating blogs, and foodie blogs, mummy blogs, craft blogs, travel blogs and lots of ones in between that are a mix of just normal everyday life. Actually I think the ones I love most are just the everyday, daily life blogs. For some reason though I just can't seem to find my place with blogging. So, I'm torn. Do I continue to blog and try to blog more often? Or do I give it a miss and just enjoy reading what others have to say? I was thinking that maybe I might feel more free to really get into blogging if I made my blog private, not that many people read this anyway, but that's another thought.
Anyway, I promised dining room photo's last time so here they are.....finally!
Such a lovely bright and airy room since we painted it white. Still working out what to do with the bricks around the pot belly stove. Have talked about building a mantle to frame it and cover those ugly bricks.
I'm so happy that we bought this table, it's an 8 seater entender table that has a carver chair at each end, but for everyday use I have the table down to a 6 seater and have the 2 carver chairs on duty else where in the house.
I absolutely love, love, love this sweet little writing table. I did a post on it's revamp on my old blog Jacaranda Cottage. When I found this desk it was battered and beaten, scratched and wobbly and an awful dark chocolatey colour. A little love and a new crystal draw pull and it's beautiful once again.
Our home is filled with treasures from our travels, and from antique stores or op shops finds. I am constantly amazed at what people give away, good and bad, but mostly good!
I got this gorgeous crystal decanter recently at an antique store a few towns away. It was love at first sight!
This key looks old, but is actually new and from the gift store at the Melbourne Goal where we went to see the Ned Kelly display/tour. One day I'll have to tell you about our family connection to Ned Kelly, it's a hoot!
The Eiffel tower was bought from a gorgeous little gift store in Bright, Victoria on our last snow holiday
These darling little ceramic birds were a birthday gift from my lovely Aunty Claire
On our last holiday to Victoria, we spent some time exploring the wonderfully historic town of Bendigo. This glass Fleur de lys was bought from the sweetest little tea room and gift store there.
Thrifted items mixed with family heirlooms and photo's.
This china cabinet was a wedding gift for my Grandparents, who then gave it to my parents on their wedding day, who in turn gave it to my husband and I on our wedding day. I would have to say that this cabinet is my most treasured peice of furniture in the house.
And here's a close up of the top.
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to visit with me, I hope you enjoyed the dining room tour.
Amanda xxx















6 comments:
Oh Amanda, I know how you feel with Blogging... I went throught that and then decided to just have a blog as journal for me of what I craft and do and share about it...if anyone read it great if they didin't great too... But have found it inspires when I feel less inspirational... Your blog inspires me to decorate and Love and feel....your amazing with your finds...ove the dinings table and esp like the light... Keys oh adorable..Love them...
hugs Dawn x x
Well..Ive just found you and you are thinking of giving up blogging,lol..
My advice is,for what its worth! Blog for yourself..I do.I have 2 Grandsons that I hope in years to come can look back at my blog and see what this Granny did with her days at home :0)
I use to blog every second day..but then life got so busy it is now once maybe twice a week.I have made many bloggy friends from all around the world..watched their children grow,marry..grandchildren arrive ,first birthdays etc etc...just amazing :0)
So nice to meet you..and hope you visit with me again soon :0)
Granny.
PS.where abouts in QLD are you ??
You may want to email me with that :0)
Wow, how wonderful to be living in the country! Your home is beautiful. I am so glad to find your new blog and I so enjoy reading your posts. I pray you have a blessed day!
I loved this post and I have ben waiting on it :)
Maybe you could choose just to blog once a week. My friend does this. I know every Thursday she will have a post up.
You just have to find your groove again! LOL! I always loved all your pupppy posts....
How is your daughter?
You can always email me at
1missmisha@gmail.com
xo, misha
Your thoughts about blogging resonate with me...I am pondering the same question these days....
Do what truly makes YOU happy....In the meantime, enjoy your lovely country home and your family...and many blessings to you!
Hi ladies, thanks for all of your advice and support. You are right of course, just blog for one's own enjoyment and as a family journal. If others out there happen to enjoy it too then that's great!
It's been wonderful hearing from you all and I really appreciate you taking the time to visit.
Hugs to all...Amanda xxx
Post a Comment